Entry Permit Residence (Family Visa – Wife & Children)-Dubai
Entry (Residence) Permit for Family of Expatriate
– New rule effective from 20/03/2016. Now Family visa procedure is easier than before. If you have all required documents ready, all steps can be completed from authorized Typing Centre. No need to visit Immigration office.
– All charges, including Deposits, Guarantees, Courier and file opening fees will be processed through typing centre. Refund can be processed only to the sponsor’s Bank Account. IBAN (International Bank Account Number) of the Sponsor (applicant) is required.
– You need to visit the immigration (GDRFA) only if such SMS received. You will receive application status SMS about approval or modification. White colour Visa will be mailed to applicant’s E-mail address after approval. If you need pink colour visa, you can visit any GDRFA Dubai branch after receiving approval SMS. No extra fee. Passengers from certain countries need pink colour visa for Emigration clearance.
Below mentioned documents are required in original for scanning at the typing centre.
• Passport Copies (colour) of Wife and children.
• One photograph (white background) of each sponsored person.
• Sponsor’s original passport and Emirates ID.
• Original Marriage Certificate attested from UAE Embassy in Home Country and Foreign Affairs in UAE. For attestation requirements, Call: +97150-538 3545.
• Original Birth Certificate (for child) attested from UAE Embassy in Home Country and Foreign Affairs in UAE.
• Original EJARI Certificate & Electricity Bill. If you live out of Dubai, Municipality attested Tenancy Contract and Electricity Bill. Tenancy/Ejari should be in the name of the applicant or spouse.
• Original Labour Contract. (Minimum Salary Dh3000 + Accommodation orDh4000). Labour Contract can be printed from Tas’heel Centre on payment of Dh53.Passport copy is enough for printing Labour Contract. No need attestation.
• Original Salary Certificate (for Free Zone / Semi Government / Government Staff)
• Visa Fee Dh360 and Dh210 for file opening charge (Typing charge extra) should be paid at Typing Centre. If you have paid for file opening before, bring the receipt for scanning. • If the sponsor is Government or Semi-government Staff, application Fees: Dh310(Typing charge extra).
• Last three months bank statement. Online print will not be accepted.
• IBAN (International Bank Account Number) of the Sponsor (applicant).
• Confirmation letter in Arabic for daughter older than 18, stating that she is still not married.Parent (sponsor) has to be signed on the letter.
Weak professions include: Follow up clerk, Archives Clerk, Insurance Clerk, Sales, Sales Representative, Sales Executive etc. For Sales Executive: Dh4000 salary and Company provided Transportation is must (Transportation by First Party in Contract) Non-eligible professions include: Light Vehicle Driver, Messenger, Eye Glasses Salesman, Maintenance Mechanic General etc.
ENTRY: Visa holder should enter UAE within 60 days from the date of issue and should complete Emirates ID, Medical and Visa Stamping within 60 days from the date of entry/status change. If the the visa holder couldn’t enter UAE within 60 days from the date of visa issue, visa can be renewed against payment of Dh360+typing charge. This renewal is allowed two times.
INSIDE COUNTRY: If the family is inside country on cancelled visa or Visit or Tourist Visa, application fee: Dh1030 (typing charge extra). After get issued the visa, type Status Changeform from Typing Centre.
STATUS CHANGE Fee: Dh510 (typing charge extra). After typing, take the receipt, original passport and visa to any Immigration branch and collect status change proof.
• After Status Change, type Emirates ID, Medical and Visa Stamping forms. IF THE SPONSOR IS INVESTOR/PARTNER: the following additional documents are required: • Dh3020 Deposit for each family member. This amount is refundable after cancellation of the visa (Effective from 01/08/2014). • Trade License copy & partners List (second page of license) • LLC Agreement (share value should not be less than Dh70,000)
If the sponsor is Mother: NOC in Arabic from husband to sponsor the child by mother. If the husband is out of UAE, NOC has to be attested by UAE Embassy abroad and Ministry of Foreign Affairs inside the UAE.
To prepare your Family Visa application; call Naif (Deira): 04-259 6260, 050-538 3545
Bur Dubai: 04-358 6215
Hor Al Anz: (Deira): 04-265 8373, 050-715 0562
Qusais: 04-239 1302
Immigration Help Line: 800 5111 SRI LANKAN, INDONESIAN, ETHIOPIAN residents should present Medical Certificate for their wife (children above 18) from their home country at the time of applying for family visa (applied for all emirates).
EMIGRATION CLEARANCE FROM INDIA: No need immigration clearance for wife when she comes on Residence Visa under husband’s sponsorship.
BANGLADESH: There is restriction on Family/Employment/Visit/Tourist visa for Bangladeshi nationals.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I joined my company five months ago, but still I didn’t receive my Labour Contract. I want to apply for family visa. How can I get my Labour Contract? A: You can go to Tas’heel Centre with your passport copy. They will print your contract true copy same time. Fee: Dh53.
Q: Do I need to visit Immigration office to submit family visa application and collect the visa? A: No need to visit Immigration. Once you submitted online application through typing centre, you will receive visa through your e-mail. Q: I am on Employment Visa. But my visa still not stamped on my passport. Can I attach entry visa to apply visa for my family? A: No. You should have stamped visa on your passport to apply for family visa. Your labour contract also should be shown at the Immigration to prove your salary. Labour Contract will be issued only after stamping your visa.
Q: Do I need to endorse spouse’s name in my passport to apply for family visa? A: No. Attested marriage certificate is enough.
Q: How long the family visa process takes at Immigration? A: If the above mentioned documents are correct, visa will be issued same day.
Q: I want to apply residence visa for my wife and two children. I have got a studio flat in my name. Is it acceptable for family visa? A: Yes, for wife and children studio flat also acceptable.
Q: I want to apply residence visa for my child. But Tenancy Contract is issued in the name of my wife. Is it acceptable for family visa? A: Yes, it is acceptable. You should attach wife’s passport copy and Marriage Certificate.
Q: I am an Investor/partner and I heard that I have to deposit Dh3020 at Immigration for each of my dependent’s residence visa. Can I refund Dh10000 / 20000 which I deposited for my investor visa? A: Yes, you can refund self visa deposit amount after you deposited Dh3020 for each of your dependent’s visa. This facility is available at Immigration head office, Jafliya. STEPS: Submit family visa application online through typing centre, Pay new deposit through online, Get family Visa issued, Go to refund counter with original deposit receipt of self visa, Get seal on the receipt No Objection for Refund. Go to Dubai Commercial Bank Immigration Brach Counter, Pay Dh10 as service charge and collect the cash. This facility is available at Immigration head office, Jafliya. If you have lost your deposit receipt, you should pay Dh70 at Immigration counter to get new receipt in lieu of lost.
Q: How can I get my IBAN? A: You can generate it through the concerned bank site. Emirates NBD RAK Bank Dubai Islamic Bank Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank GDRFA (Immigration) Branch Locations, Dubai Main Branch Bur Dubai, Karama, Opposite Jafiliya Metro Station Call Centre (International): +971 4 313 9999 AMER Service: 800 5111 (Call Centre UAE) Working Time: 7:30am – 8pm (Sun-Thu)
Dubai International Airport (Terminal 3) Gate No.2, Arrivals area Phone: 04-707 5388 Timing: Around the clock, seven days a week (including holidays) Services: All visa related services (including e-gate card) Note: Urgent service only for new visa stamping and renewal Dh120 extra for Status Change
Dubai Airport Free Zone Phone: 04-707 5619 Timing: 7:30am to 8pm A’amal Center – Hyatt Regency Hyatt Regency Hotel-Deira Business Centre, First Floor Phone: 04-707 5922 Timing: 8am to 2:30pm (Dh30 extra service charge for each transaction)
Al Karama Municipality Center Municipality Department – Al Karama area Phone: 04-337 4800
Al Manara Centre, Municipality Building Near Metro Station: Noor Islamic Bank (Red Line) Phone: 04-707 5969 Timing: 7:30 to 8pm
Um Suqeim Municipality Center Municipality Department – Um Suqeim area Phone: 04-394 4424
DNATA Emirates Building Near Clock Tower, Deira Phone: 04-707 5946 Timing: 7:30 to 2:30pm (Dh25 extra service charge for each transaction)
Hatta Passport Center Hatta – in front of Hatta Fort Hotel Phone: 04-707 5693 Timing: 7:30 to 8pm
Bin Souqat Centre Al Rashidiya Phone: 04-707 5939 Timing: 7:30 to 8pm
Medical Fitness Centre Sonapur
Municipality Service Centre Al Towar, Qusais, Opposite Al Towar Mall Phone: 04-707 5162 Timing: 7:30 to 8pm
Jebel Ali Passport Center Jebel Ali area Phone: 04-707 5440 Timing: 7:30am – 8pm Visa Centre DNATA Travel Center Sheikh Zayed Road
Deira Municipality Clinic Near Deira Taxi Stand, Opposite Union Metro station Phone: 04-707 5873 Timing: 7:30am – 2:30pm
Arabian Centre Mirdif / Al Mizhar Phone: 04-707 5181 Timing: 7:30am – 8pm
Medical Fitness Centre Muhaisina/Sonapur
Medical Fitness Centre Al Safa (urgent submission only) Near Co-operative Society Phone: 04-707 5911 Timing: 7:30am – 2:30pm
Al Khail Mall Phone: 04-707 5712 Timing: 7:30am – 2:30pm
DEWA – Wafi Mall Phone: 04-707 5915 Timing: 7:30am – 8pm
Al Lusaily Medical Centre Phone: 04-707 5291 Timing: 8am – 6pm
credit source: visaprocess.ae