Children Sponsored by Mother in UAEUAE Laws Visa 

Children Sponsored by Mother in UAE

If you want to sponsored your child in UAE, here’s how.

What are the requirements to sponsor a child by the mother? How a Single Mother can sponsor her child? A mother can sponsor her children on Residence Visa if she meets the following conditions: • Mother shall have a valid Employment visa.  Marriage Certificate attested by UAE Embassy in home country and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs inside the UAE.  Birth Certificate of child attested by UAE Embassy n home country and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs inside the UAE. For attestation requirements, Call: +97150-538 3545. No Objection Letter: NOC in Arabic from husband to sponsor the child by mother. If the husband is out of UAE, NOC has to be attested by UAE Embassy abroad and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs inside the UAE. If the NOC is typed in other than Arabic, it should be translated into Arabic (legal). Specimen copy of NOC.
Salary: The sponsor’s monthly salary shall be Dh3000 + accommodation or a total ofDh4000 as per the employment contract approved by the Ministry of Labour or Salary certificate for Government / Semi-government / Free Zone Employees.
Exemption: Teachers and Nurses who want to sponsor their children will be exempted from the salary condition.

Tenancy Contract (accommodation rental agreement). It has to be attested throughEjari online system of Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA).
Husband should not be eligible by salary to sponsor the child. Husband’s Labour Contract to be attached with application if he is inside UAE. University degree must be attested from UAE Embassy abroad and Foreign Affairs in UAE if the applicant’s profession is other than Nurse, Doctor, Engineer or Teacher.
Bank statement of last three months if the applicant’s profession is other than Nurse, Doctor, Engineer or Teacher. Online printed statement will not be accepted. Mother can sponsor her unmarried daughters and under 18 years old sons, excluding university or college students provided that a certificate proving the same shall be submitted.

DIVORCED: In case of divorced, the children custody verdict of a court should be submitted. It should be attested by UAE Embassy abroad and Ministry of Foreign Affairs in UAE.
SINGLE MOTHER: In case of Single Mother, you can submit custody Verdict of Court or Certificate from Local Authority or Affidavit from your Consulate. If the certificate issued from your home country it should be attested by UAE Embassy in home country and Foreign Affairs in UAE.
Online: New rule effective from 20/03/2016. Now the procedure is easier than before. If you have all required documents ready, all steps can be completed from authorized Typing Centre. No need to visit Immigration office.
– All charges, including Deposits, Courier and file opening fees will be processed through typing centre. Refund can be processed only to the sponsor’s Bank Account. IBAN (International Bank Account Number) of the Sponsor (applicant) is required.
– You need to visit the immigration (GDRFA) only if such SMS received. You will receive application status SMS about approval or modification. White colour Visa will be mailed to applicant’s E-mail address after approval. If you need pink colour visa, you can visit any GDRFA Dubai branch after receiving approval SMS. No extra fee.
Documents Required
All above mentioned documents in original; and • Colour passport copy and one photo of child  • Sponsor’s original passport and Emirates ID.
• IBAN (International Bank Account Number) of the Sponsor (applicant). – Application Fee: Dh360 should be paid at Typing Centre (typing charge extra)
– If the sponsor is Government or Semi-government Staff, application Fee: Dh310(Typing charge extra). • Dh220 File opening charge should be paid at Typing Centre  (typing charge extra).  • If the sponsor is investor/partner, the following additional documents are required: • Dh3040 Deposit for each child. This amount is refundable after cancellation of the visa (Effective from 01/08/2014) • Trade License copy & partners List (second page of license) • LLC Agreement (share value should not be less than Dh70,000) If the Child is inside UAE on Visit Visa, Tourist Visa, Dh1230 to be paid extra for Status Change (Dh680 to issue visa inside the country and Dh550 for status amendment).  Sponsoring Husband: Nurses, Doctors, Engineers and Teachers can sponsor their husbands on Residence Visa.
• To prepare your Visa application call:
Naif (Deira): 04-259 6260, 050-538 3545
Bur Dubai: 04-358 6215
Hor Al Anz: (Deira): 04-265 8373, 050-715 0562
Qusais (Al Nahda-2): 04-239 1302
Qusais (Damascus St): 04-258 6727, 054-300 5931
Immigration Branch Locations Main Branch Bur Dubai, Karama, Opposite Jafiliya Metro Station Working Time: 7:30am – 8pm (Sun-Thu) Immigration Call Centre  800 5111  Dubai International Airport (Terminal 3) Gate No.2, Arrivals area Phone: 04-707 5388 Timing: Around the clock, seven days a week (including holidays) Services: All visa related services (including e-gate card) NOTE: Urgent service only for new visa stamping and renewal (Courier service not available)
DNATA Emirates Building  Near Clock Tower, Deira Phone: 04-707 5946 (Dh25 extra service charge for each transaction) Timing: 7:30 to 2:30pm
A’amal Center – Hyatt Regency Hyatt Regency Hotel-Deira Business Centre, First Floor Phone: 04-707 5922 (Dh30 extra service charge for each transaction) Timing: 8am to 2:30pm
Municipality Service Centre Al Towar, Qusais, Opposite Al Towar Mall Phone: 04-707 5162 Timing: 7:30 to 8pm
Bin Souqat Centre Al Rashidiya Phone: 04-707 5939 Timing: 7:30 to 8pm
Arabian Centre Mirdif / Al Mizhar Phone: 04-707 5181 Timing: 7:30am – 8pm
Frequently Asked Question
Q: I am currently based in Delhi (India) but trying for a job in Dubai. I am separated from my husband and my 11-year-old daughter stays with me (not custody as I am not divorced from her father) I want to know if I can take my daughter to Dubai with me if I get a job there. If yes, what are the formalities? A: Pursuant to your question, it may be advised that, once your prospective employer obtains an employment visa for you and it is affixed on your passport, you may subsequently apply for a dependant visa for your daughter in Dubai. For this, you will need to apply to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners’ Affairs (the “Directorate”) in Dubai and the issuance of the visa for your daughter will be at the sole discretion of the directorate.
As per the prevailing rules of the directorate, you may sponsor your daughter if you have a minimum salary of Dh10,000 or salary of Dh7,000 plus employer’s accommodation or your own accommodation. In case of your own accommodation you should have a valid Ejari tenancy contract for your accommodation. Further, you will also need to secure a letter of no-objection or NOC from your husband stating that he has no objections with your daughter staying with you in Dubai under your sponsorship. The NOC should also be duly notarised and legalised in India. (KT).
Q: I am living in Abu Dhabi on my company sponsorship. I work as a secretary and earn around Dh15,000. I and my husband are going through the legal formalities for divorce in India. Can I sponsor my children? My son is 15 and daughter is 10. Is it necessary to get divorce and custody, and then apply for visas for my kids or can I apply now before the divorce?
A: According to the Abu Dhabi Government, expatriate women, who work in a rare or important specialisation, such as engineering, education, nursing or any other profession related to the medical sector, can apply for visas for family members, if her salary is not less than Dh10,000 or Dh8,000 plus accommodation providing sponsorship requirements are met. Since, your profession does not match the above you should check it with the Department of Naturalisation and Residency Affairs, which may deal with it on a case by case basis.
Generally, a daughter of any age could be sponsored. However, a son could be sponsored only if he is below 18. Furthermore, you will be required to produce either marriage certificate or divorce and custody documents duly attested by the UAE Foreign Ministry. Since the divorce is pending back in India you are not able to produce marriage certificate. Alternatively you have to wait till you can produce divorce and custody document.


credit source:

Related posts

Leave a Comment