|Entry Permit Residence (Family Visa – Wife & Children)-Dubai|
How can I apply for family visa in Dubai?
Entry (Residence) Permit for Family of Expatriate– New rule effective from 20/03/2016. Now Family visa procedure is easier than before. If you have all required documents ready, all steps can be completed from authorized Typing Centre. No need to visit Immigration office.- All charges, including Deposits, Courier and file opening fees will be processed through typing centre. Refund can be processed only to the sponsor’s Bank Account. IBAN(International Bank Account Number) of the Sponsor (applicant) is required.
– You need to visit the immigration (GDRFA) only if such SMS received. You will receive application status SMS about approval or modification. White colour Visa will be mailed to applicant’s E-mail address after approval. If you need pink colour visa, you can visit any GDRFA Dubai branch after receiving approval SMS. No extra fee. Passengers from certain countries need pink colour visa for Emigration clearance.
Below mentioned documents are required in original for scanning at the typing centre.
• Passport Copies (colour) of Wife and children.
• One photograph (white background) of each sponsored person.
• Sponsor’s original passport and Emirates ID.
• Original Marriage Certificate attested from UAE Embassy in Home Country and Foreign Affairs in UAE. For attestation requirements, Call: +97150-538 3545.
• Original Birth Certificate (for child) attested from UAE Embassy in Home Country and Foreign Affairs in UAE.
• Original EJARI Certificate & Electricity Bill. If you live out of Dubai, Municipality attested Tenancy Contract and Electricity Bill. Tenancy/Ejari should be in the name of the applicant or spouse.
• Original Labour Contract. (Minimum Salary Dh3000 + Accommodation orDh4000). Labour Contract can be printed from MOHRE website or Tas’heel Centre on payment of Dh53. Passport copy is enough for printing Labour Contract. No need attestation.
• Original Salary Certificate (for Free Zone / Semi Government / Government Staff)
• Visa Fee Dh360 and Dh210 for file opening charge (Typing charge extra) should be paid at Typing Centre. If you have paid for file opening before, bring the receipt for scanning.
• Last three months bank statement. Online print will not be accepted.
• IBAN (International Bank Account Number) of the Sponsor (applicant).
• Confirmation letter in Arabic for daughter older than 18, stating that she is still not married.Parent (sponsor) has to be signed on the letter.
Weak professions include: Follow up clerk, Archives Clerk, Insurance Clerk, Sales, Sales Representative, Sales Executive etc.
Non-eligible professions include: Light Vehicle Driver, Messenger, Eye Glasses Salesman, Maintenance Mechanic General etc.
ENTRY: Visa holder should enter UAE within 60 days from the date of issue and should complete Emirates ID, Medical and Visa Stamping within 60 days from the date of entry/status change. If the the visa holder couldn’t enter UAE within 60 days from the date of visa issue, visa can be renewed against payment of Dh360+typing charge. This renewal is allowed two times.
INSIDE COUNTRY: If the family is inside country on cancelled visa or Visit or Tourist Visa, application fee: Dh1030 (typing charge extra). After get issued the visa, type Status Change form from Typing Centre.
STATUS CHANGE Fee: Dh510 (typing charge extra). After typing, take the receipt, original passport and visa to any Immigration branch and collect status change proof.
• After Status Change, type Emirates ID, Medical and Visa Stamping forms.
IF THE SPONSOR IS INVESTOR/PARTNER: the following additional documents are required:
If the sponsor is Mother: NOC in Arabic from husband to sponsor the child by mother. If the husband is out of UAE, NOC has to be attested by UAE Embassy abroad and Ministry of Foreign Affairs inside the UAE. read more
To prepare your Family Visa application; call
Naif (Deira): 04-259 6260, 050-538 3545
Bur Dubai: 04-358 6215
Hor Al Anz: (Deira): 04-265 8373, 050-715 0562
Qusais (Al Nahda-2): 04-239 1302
Qusais (Damascus St): 04-258 6727, 054-300 5931
EMIGRATION CLEARANCE FROM INDIA: No need immigration clearance for wife when she comes on Residence Visa under husband’s sponsorship.
BANGLADESH: There is restriction on Family/Employment/Visit/Tourist visa for Bangladeshi nationals.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: My wife is on Visit/Tourist Visa. Can I change her visa to Residence without exit the country? How much should I pay for this?
Q: Do I need to visit Immigration office to submit family visa application and collect the visa?
Q: Do I need to endorse spouse’s name in my passport to apply for family visa?
Q: How long the family visa process takes at Immigration?
Q: I want to apply residence visa for my wife and two children. I have got a studio flat in my name. Is it acceptable for family visa?
Q: I want to apply residence visa for my child. But Tenancy Contract is issued in the name of my wife. Is it acceptable for family visa?
Q: I am an Investor/partner and I heard that I have to deposit Dh3020 at Immigration for each of my dependent’s residence visa. Can I refund Dh10000 / 20000 which I deposited for my investor visa?
Q: How can I get my IBAN?
GDRFA (Immigration) Branch Locations, Dubai
Dubai International Airport (Terminal 3)
Dubai Airport Free Zone
Al Karama Municipality Center
Al Manara Centre, Municipality Building
Um Suqeim Municipality Center
DNATA Emirates Building
Hatta Passport Center
Bin Souqat Centre
Medical Fitness Centre
Municipality Service Centre
Jebel Ali Passport Center
Deira Municipality Clinic
Medical Fitness Centre
Medical Fitness Centre
Al Khail Mall
DEWA – Wafi Mall
Al Lusaily Medical Centre
credit source: visaprocess.ae