Advice and help Visa 

Procedures of changing employment visa and family visa without exit-Dubai

How can I change my own visa and dependents visa without exit the country?

You can either hold your dependents’ visa or cancel and apply for new visa.


 If you are changing visa from Dubai mainland to mainland company, you can follow below mentioned steps:


 Cancel your dependents visa first from Immigration. They can stay here 29 days after cancellation without fine if the present visa is not expired at the time of cancellation

 Now your present company can cancel your own visa and let your new company apply work permit for you. You can stay here 29 days after cancellation without fine if the present visa is not expired at the time of cancellation

Pay Inside Country fee: After completion of all payments of Ministry of Labour, pay inside the country fee for Immigration. Dh670 is the extra fee to get visa inside the country

 Type Status Change form from Typing Centre and pay Dh510 (typing charge extra)

Do medical test, type labour contract from Tas’heel Centre and submit the Contract at Tas’heel Centre after signing employee and employer. If you pay Dh53 extra at Tas’heel Centre you can collect your labour contract and labour card by next working day from the same Tas’heel Centre.

 Type Emirates ID from Typing Centre 

Submit online visa Stamping form through typing centre: Fee Dh370+Typing charge. You should have your company User ID and Password for eDNRD visa transactions. 

Pay Dh100 extra to make your visa stamping urgent. You will get back visa stamped passport same day.

 Now you can apply for family/dependents visa and change their status inside the country without exit.

FREE ZONE TO DUBAI (MAINLAND): If you are changing visa from a Free Zone to Dubai mainland company, do the following steps:

 Let the new company apply work permit for you.
 After the approval from Ministry of Labour, submit the work permit and appointment letter to Immigration Department and deposit Dh5020 to hold your dependents visa. You should get special approval from senior officer at Immigration head office, Jaffliyya to hold family visa.

Service Charge: Dh120 extra should be paid at Immigration for each passport as service charge.

 Immigration Department will issue a receipt for the deposited amount and now you can cancel your own visa without cancelling family’s visa. 

 After your old visa cancellation, new company can process your new Employment visa.

Period of Visa holding is 30 days. After that fine will be charged. If the allowed period exceeded, the applicant cannot change status inside the country and he/she must exit and enter on new visa. In such case he/she can exit to Oman or home country after receiving the new visa (Fly Dubai package is available for visa change).

Q: My family visa is on hold. Can they travel during this period?
Yes they can travel.

 After get issued the Visa, you have to change Visa Status, apply for Medical, Emirates ID, labour contract and Visa Stamping. If you pay Dh53 extra at Tas’heel Centre you can collect your labour contract and labour card by next working day from the same Tas’heel Centre.

 You should show your new labour contract and new visa stamped passport at Immigration Department to refund the money. 

CHANGING TO INVESTOR/PARTNER VISA: If you are changing to Investor/Partner Visa, type the application, get seal and signature of sponsor, submit the application at the immigration, pay Dh680 to issue visa inside the country, then Dh5020 as refundable deposit to hold dependants visa. You should get special approval from senior officer at Immigration head office, Jaffliyya to hold family visa. 

 Investor/Partner Visa holder needs to show his/her new visa stamped passport only to refund the money.

 Family visa needs to renew only at the time of its expiry. No need transfer.

 Family visa holding is not allowed if the applicant is shifting to different emirate.


 Take original deposit receipt, your passport and new labour contract to Refund Counter at Immigration Head Office at Jafiliya. 

 Get no objection for refund seal from the counter and go to Dubai Commercial Bank (next to Immigration building) and collect the cash. Bank will charge Dh40 as commission.

Immigration Main Branch
Bur Dubai, Karama
 Immigration Call Center: 800 5111

 Family visa holding facility is available in Sharjah also.

Address of Tas’heel Centers in Dubai

Al Nukhba Business Centre
Matar Plaza, Qusais, Near Mai Tower
Tel. 04-259 9990
Immigration Counter also available there

Estemarat Services
Muraqabat Street, Opp. Coral Deira Hotel
Tel. 04-704 4900
Department (DED) Service also available

OnTime Business Solutions
Oud Metha Road
Tel. 04-397 7776
DED Service also available

Itqan Businessmen Services

Opp. Al Mulla Plaza, Tel. 04-232 7333

Tas’heel Business Centre
Ground Floor, Al Tawar Centre
Tel. 04-263 5588

Al Reaya Services
Near Oasis Centre
Sheikh Zayed Road
Tel. 04-346 7991

Mu’amala Businessmen Service Center
First Floor, Hyat Regency Hotel, Near Shindaga Tunnel, Dubai
Tel. 04-250 5566

DXB Businessmen Services
First Floor, Al Khail Mall, Al Qouze-4, Dubai
Tel. 04-321 3000

Tas’heel Centre Timing: Saturday to Thursday 7:30am to 7:00pm
Tel. 04-283 8800

E-Dirham: Payment should be made through E-Dirham Card at Thas’heel Centre. You can Buy E-Dirham Card from any branch of National Bank of Abu Dhabi or from Aafaq Islamic Finance Company found at Thas’heel branches. E-Dirham Card fee: Dh6, Top up fee: Dh4.

credit source:


Related posts

Leave a Comment