UAE Laws Visa 

Visas in UAE

There are several different types of visas available. The most commonly used are Visit visas, tourist visas and residency visas for expatriates. 

Short Term Visit (30 Days)-Dubai
Dh350 For Single Entry (Including Health Insurance)
Dh650 For Multiple Entry 
Typing charge extra

Long Term Visit (90 Days)-Dubai
Dh750 For Single Entry (Including Health Insurance)
Dh2100 For Multiple Entry 
Typing charge extra

Short Term Visit (30 Days)-Sharjah
Dh250 For Normal Application 
Dh350 For Urgent (Dh40 Insurance and Typing charge extra)

Long Term Visit (90 Days)-Sharjah
Dh600 For Normal Application 
Dh700 For Urgent (Dh90 Insurance and Typing charge extra)

Individuals only can apply for 3 months visit visa for Spouse, Children, Parents, Father-in-law and Mother-in-law. Dh1000 to be deposited and it is refundable after the visitor’s exit.
For all other relations Dh2000 to be deposited. 

Minimum salary requirement
Dh5,000 to sponsor brother/sister
Dh4,000 to sponsor parents, wife and children
Dh6000-Dh7000 to sponsor other relatives
Dh10000 to sponsor friends

Citizens of 47 countries can get a 30-day visit visa free of charge upon arrival, entitling them to extend the Visa for further 30 days on payment of Dh640 (Dh500 Federal Fee + Dh100Local Service + Dh40 Insurance) to be paid at typing centre. If not extended, 10 days grace will be given. If exceeds 40 days, Dh100 should be paid per day from 31st day.  Citizens of the following countries are entitled to get visa on arrival.
Britain, France, Italy, Germany, the Netherlands (Holland), Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Portugal, Ireland, Greece, Cyprus, Finland, Malta, Spain, Monaco, Vatican, Iceland, Andorra, San Marino, Liechtenstein, United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Brunei, Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong. 
New EU visa exemptions apply to citizens of: Poland, Slovenia, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Lithuania, Hungary, Latvia, Estonia, Malta, Cyprus, Croatia, Romania and Bulgaria from March 22, 2014 onward. 

 GCC Residents who are not GCC nationals but who have a high professional status such as Managers, Business people, Auditors, Accountants, Doctors, Engineers, Teachers, Pharmacists, Sales Executives, Sales Representatives, Commercial Promoters and employees working in the public sector, their families, drivers and personal staff sponsored by them, are eligible for visa upon arrival at the approved ports of entry in UAE. Validity: 30 days. Fee: Dh185 should be paid at Airport. This visa is  renewable for further 30 days on payment of Dh640.

Student Visit Visa: Will cost Dh1110. To obtain this, a person must be registered in one of the universities in the UAE and must obtain health insurance. Additionally, a refundable deposit of Dh1000 must be paid. 

Special Mission Entry Visa (Transit): This is issued for a non-renewable 14 days for a fee of Dh220. Commonly known as a Transit Visa. It is issued to businessmen and tourists sponsored by a company or commercial establishment or a hotel licensed to operate in the UAE. Visa holder must enter UAE within 14 days from the date of issue. Duration of stay 14 days from the date of entry.

Mission Visa: It is issued for the purpose of temporary work in the country and issued for a maximum of 180 days with a combined fee of Dh1800. It is issued for three months against a fee of Dh600 and can be renewed for another three months against a fee of Dh1200. 

It has been introduced to facilitate Labour Ministry’s Temporary Work Permit. An applicant must obtain the permit from the Labour Ministry first to get the visa. 

Transit Visa: It is issued to travellers transiting through UAE airports. It issued for 96 hours and must be sponsored by an airline operating in the UAE. The visitor must have a valid ticket for onward flight. There is a charge of Dh160.

Multiple Entry Visa: It is an option for businessmen who are frequent visitors to the UAE and who have a relationship with a reputable company here. 

This multiple visa is valid for six months from the date of issue and costs Dh2110. However, each visit must not exceed 14 days. The visitor must enter the UAE on a visit visa and obtain the multiple entry visa while he is here. 

Residence Visa: A residence visa is required for those who intend to enter the UAE to live indefinitely with a person who is already a resident. It is issued to the immediate kin of a resident for three years for a fee of Dh370. 

The residence permit becomes invalid if the resident remains more than six months at a time out of the country. 

Parents of residents are issued residence visas after special approval with a renewable validity of one year for a fee of Dh170 for each year. A refundable deposit of Dh5,000 has to be paid for each parent. 

Investor Visa: It is issued to an expatriate investor in partnership with a local. The foreign investor must hold a minimum stake of Dh70,000 in the share capital. Like the residence visa, it is issued for three years for a fee of Dh370. 

Employment Visa: Employment Visa or Permit is issued by the Immigration Department to a foreign national who wishes to work for a company in the UAE upon the approval of the Ministry of Labour. 

It allows the holder to enter the UAE for employment and is valid for two months from the date of issue.  

When the employee has entered the country on the basis of the employment visa, the sponsoring company will arrange to complete the formalities of Medical and stamping his residence within 60 days. 

Visit visa for medical purposes: Those wishing to undergo treatment must take visit visa for treatment purpose that costs Dh1110 for 90 day duration. This can be renewed for a similar period at Dh610. 

Visit visa for events: Those visiting to attend conferences or exhibitions can obtain a visa for this purpose at Dh210. It is not renewable.

Visa for guests of the Government: This is a special visa granted by UAE diplomats abroad free of charge. It can only be granted for a period of up to 90 days.

Urgent visit visas: Urgent visit visas will no longer be issued, but all visas will be processed on an urgent basis. Earlier, the Residency Department would issue a visit visa on an urgent basis for additional payment of Dh110.

Visit Entry Permit

Visit entry permit

This permit is given by Naturalization and Residency department and Consulate institutions that represent UAE outside when necessary. This permit is given to the foreigner wants to enter the country for the following reasons:
(A) Visit a relative r a friend legally lives in the country.
(B) Visit public or private moral identity.
(C) For tourism and under the sponsorship of companies working in tourism.Visit entry permit allow its holder to enter the country once during 2 months from issuing date and stay for 30 days from entry date. Entry permit application forms are to be applied after prepare all data and required documents for each case, and the following procedures must be done: 

A) If the entry is to visit a relative or a friend who is legal resident in the country the following must be available:

(1) Visitor must be husband or wife to the sponsor or relative from the first degree. Second degree relatives can be allowed to visit according to approval from minister deputy assistant for naturalization and residency affairs or the person he gives him authority. 

(2) The sponsor must be local if the visitor is a friend.

(3) Attach documents prove marriage or kinship or the reasons of the visit. Sponsor must apply enough guarantees that the sponsored will not violate the rules. 

B) If the visitor is a foreign wife to GCC national man, the wife must have valid residency in the husband’s country.

c) If the entry is to visit public or private moral identity, acceptable reason must be provided to the concerned parties for the reasons of the visit.

D) If the entry is for tourism the sponsor must be a company working in tourism field and have enough guarantees. The application must be submitted to the department one week before arrival date with a list of the visitors names and their personal data. The group of visitors must be 10 persons or more and their tourism program must be attached with the dates of arrival and entry, places of residence and places they are going to visit in the country. Minister Deputy Assistant for naturalization and residency affairs or the person he gives him authority can give exception from the condition of the number of the group. 

Visit entry permit can’t be transferred to work entry permit in the private sectors except in the following categories: 

(1) Engineers
(2) Doctors, pharmacists, nurses and medicine technicians.
(3) Agriculture guides.
(4) Teachers.
(5) Qualified accountants and auditors.
(6) Technicians working with scientific electronic machines and in laboratories.
(7) Drivers licensed to drive heavy vehicles and buses.
(8) Employees in private petrol companies.

Foreign ministry or the one he authorize can give exception for persons not in these categories the public interest requires this. In all cases foreigner must not be in the country with tourism visa. 

Change status for people coming to the country with visit entry permits to work residency must be under these conditions: 

(1) Foreigner must get approval from ministry of labor or the concerned formal bodies for those who are not working under labor law, to get residency under sponsorship of the sponsor that give the foreigner visit visa according to conditions and procedures required from the formal bodies.

(2) Pay fees of exception from leaving the country in case of working in the private sector. AED. 530 + 530 (Typing charge extra)

credit source:

Related posts

Leave a Comment